Full Job Description
Our Knox location is searching for Hair Stylists and Makeup Artists!
MUST BE AVAILABLE on Fridays and Saturdays.
· Hourly wage + tips
· Commission on salon product sales and ad-on services
· Paid training
· Perks: complimentary beauty services (blow outs, make up), 40% product discounts, stylist career advancement, travel, brand building (get featured on international social channels such as our Instagram @bloheartsyou) working with our fabulous and caring hair stylist team
Why you’ll love us:
· Blo is the industry leader, with over 100 North American locations and growing. Blo is a recognized brand with an international presence in the hair and beauty industry.
· Amazing product partnerships including: UNITE haircare and Glo Skin Beauty, who support and love our salon staff as much as we do.
· Dedicated to our extended Blo family. We offer our staff ongoing training, educational programs, product knowledge, skill development and career advancement opportunities for hairstylists.
Why We Will Love You
· Work weekends and are flexible with scheduling
· Love making people feel beautiful, special and valued
· Collaborate well with team members in a fun, professional work environment in a salon
· Understand the importance of maintaining a squeaky-clean work environment when working as a stylist
· Work one-on-one with our Chief Style Boss (aka Educator) to learn how to master Blo’s 7 signature styles and more (via Blo’s paid training program)
You Must Have:
· Hair Stylists will need an up-to-date cosmetology license for the state of Texas, Makeup Artists will need an up-to-date cosmetology or esthetician licence for the state of Texas
· The ability to work weekends (Fridays and Saturdays at the minimum with Thursdays highly needed) and be flexible with your schedule (must be able to work peak hours as determined by the bar, typically Thursday through Saturday)
· A passion for the beauty and cosmetology industry and making people feel better
· Salon experience an asset
Job Responsibilities for Hair Stylist:
· Participation in maintaining a professional, clean, fun and respectful work environment
· Participation in routine up-training and skill advancement for hair stylists
· Opportunity: potential to be cross-trained on additional services such as makeup, or be promoted to senior stylist or management roles
Job Responsibility for Makeup Artists
Perform makeup applications on guests from Blo’s Signature Makeup Menu, in addition to custom makeup applications, including Bridal
Become a product knowledge expert of Glo Skin Beauty (Blo Blow Dry Bar’s chief makeup partner) and complete certifications
Receive valuable ongoing education through Blo’s partnership with Glo Skin Beauty
Have the opportunity to perform off-site services )Blo on the Go) including cross-promotional events and pop-ups
Work in a sleek, modern blow dry bar alongside a passionate and dedicated team of hair and beauty experts
Behave as a brand ambassador for Blo in each interaction with co-workers and guests. You will live the “Blo Hearts You” motto, making sure that everyone feels the love!
Visit www.blomedry.com for the skinny. And check out our Instagram @bloheartsyou, @blo_knox_