SEE BELOW FOR NEWLY UPDATED CAP AND GOWN PHOTO SESSIONS!!
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATED INFORMATION AS WE GET CLOSER TO GRADUATION!
REGISTRATION FOR GRADUATION 2018 IS NOW CLOSED*
GRADUATE ARRIVAL TIME – 11:30 am
- All Graduates will assemble inside the College Park Center via Gate 1 for Campus check-in and line-up.
- Graduate Entrance is on the west side of the building through Gate 1. Do not bring personal items such as purses, bags or cell phones.
- Graduates arriving at the College Park Center after the check-in process for graduation closes will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
FAMILY AND GUEST ARRIVAL TIME – 12:00 pm (1 hour prior to ceremony start-time)
To allow for parking, the walk, and ticket collection, it is strongly recommended that guests of graduates arrive 60 minutes prior to the ceremony. All guests are subject to bag check before entry. Guests arriving more than ten minutes late may not be permitted into the venue.
- SEATING FOR GUESTS
Guests may enter the College Park Center through Gate 2 and Gate 3. Guests will be seated in arena seating. Wheelchair and handicapped seating is available upon request. Strollers are discouraged and not permitted in the aisles, but can be checked in at Guest Services.
LOCATION – see below for directions
College Park Center is located on the east side of the UT Arlington campus, at:
600 S. Center Street
(at the corner of South Center Street and 2nd Street)
All candidates for graduation are encouraged to invite their family and friends to help them celebrate this significant milestone and momentous occasion. All family and other guests over the age of two must have a ticket to enter the College Park Center. Tickets will be available for each graduate to pick-up at their campus in mid April. Tickets will not be available the day of the ceremony.
CAP AND GOWN
This special occasion requires semi-formal to formal attire. March 3, 2018 is the last day to place your cap and gown order. Graduates will wear solid black attire underneath their gowns. Instructor graduates will have the distinguished recognition of wearing V stoles over their black gowns. Check out our video below on Graduation Do’s & Don’ts!
ASSEMBLY AND ROBING
At the lineup site, all candidates will be grouped by campus and will receive a card in which they can confirm the phonetic spelling of their name as they would like it to be read on stage.
All black appropriate business attire should be worn underneath the gowns. Graduates will be directed to line up in order of campus, and will walk together in those groups, be seated, and receive their certificates according to those groups.
The academic procession begins when the graduates and platform party leave the lineup site. Graduates will come out by campus according to the program.
The academic recession, concludes the formal program. After the graduates and platform party have completed the recession, guests can meet graduates in the Mortiz Plaza north of the College Park Center.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE EVENT
- Possession of a ticket does not guarantee admittance.
- Doors open and guest seating begins one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- All attendees must remain seated during the ceremony.
- Cell phones and pagers must be turned off.
- No food or drink permitted in the event venue.
- All graduates and their guests are asked to remain for the entire ceremony out of respect for all graduates.
- Any graduate or guest who is excessively disruptive during the commencement ceremony will be excused from the event venue.
- The possession or use of alcohol, firecrackers, flags, banners or illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
- Outside Food & Beverage (Limited concession menu available
- Large Bags, backpacks
- Helium Balloons
- Artificial Noisemakers (air horns, whistles, etc.)
- Large signs
- Tripods/mono-pods (To allow viewing of all guests, please refrain from leaving your seat to take pictures/video)
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco are not permitted inside or outside the College Park Center. The University of Texas at Arlington is a tobacco-free campus.
- Animals (except service animals)
- Weapons of any kind (knives, firearms, fireworks, etc)
- Strollers are permitted for younger children. As a safety measure, they are not allowed in general seating areas. Strollers can be checked in at the Guest Services Desk located across from Section 103 in between the North entrance and the Northwest entrance.
- Purses and bags are subject to search
College Park Center Event Parking
Graduate Entrance is on the West side of the building. Guests may enter the College Park Center through Gate 2 and Gate 3. Graduates will exit the building through a separate exit from guests. Following the ceremony, guests can meet up with graduates in Moritz Plaza, directly outside the north entrance of the College Park Center, or along Spaniolo Drive.
Parking is available in three adjacent parking garages just north of the Center.
Exit I-20 on Cooper Street, FM 157, and go north. Proceed approximately four miles to UTA Blvd. Turn east (right) on UTA Blvd. Proceed ¼ mile and turn right on S. Center Street. End: 600 S. Center Street.
Exit I-30 on Center Street, and go south. Proceed approximately two miles. End: 600 S. Center Street (Parking garages will be on your right).
UT Arlington encourages College Park Center visitors to check availability in the Park North and Park Center garages at UTA Boulevard and Center Street. The garages are north of the events center in the College Park District.
Campus police generally will direct traffic first to the College Park garages, then to lots off South Cooper Street, south of Mitchell Street.
Please note that vehicles parked at private apartment complexes adjacent to campus may be towed.
CAP AND GOWN PHOTOS
Rap Photo Company will be shooting cap & gown photos and head-shots at each campus.
Click the link below for more details.
Denton Campus – MARCH 5
Arlington Campus – MARCH 6
Hurst Campus – MARCH 8
North Dallas Campus – MARCH 12
Dallas Campus – MARCH 13
Fort Worth Campus – MARCH 22
San Antonio Campus – APRIL 6
Stafford Campus – APRIL 9